Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Unit 14: Developing and creating websites

Today, I looked at the website "Response O' Matic" http://www.response-o-matic.com that was suggested by the teacher, as "Response O'Matic" is a website that provides online contact forms.

My objective was to find out how to insert a form into a website and how it works. "Response O'Matic" provides a number of different online form packages: these vary from free online contact forms to business contact forms. I will be using free online contact form for my website, as I only need to use one contact form, therefore the free package is more suitable for my need; as the business package is mainly aimed at clients who want up to 50 online contact forms on their websites. The features that the free package has are:

  • 1 online contact form for every account
  • The online contact forms can ask unlimited questions
  • Creating the forms on Response O'Matic is very easy as they have a wizard to guide us, and also to an advantage there is no need for HTML knowledge to create one of these online contact forms; other than know how to copy and paste the HTML code from the website into the code window of Macromedia Dreamweaver
  • There are no hidden costs, no setup fees and no long-term contract
  • The contact form is hosted onto 4 servers to prevent from hardware failures
  • Response O'Matic keeps the form-based spam out of my inbox
  • All data is automatically backed up
  • There is no need to change the web host, as their service will work on my website
  • It can direct back visitors to the home page of my website after their submission of the form
This website is very useful and suitable for what I would think will be suitable for my client's website, this is because the HTML has all been generated for you via the form wizard, therefore all I will need to do is just copy and paste it into the code window of my website, so that I can a form is avaliable for visitors can use; also I like how after the submission of the form, they will direct the visitors back to the home page of my client's website and not direct them back to "Response O'Matic".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home