Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Unit 14- Developing and creating websites:

I have done some research into domain names and web hosting as this will be required in order for visitors to look at my client's website. I have researched into:

  • Domain Names
  • DNS and IP
  • Different types of web extensions there are and what each of them meant, i.e. ".co.uk"
  • Web hosting

I have investigated into two different domain buying websites, where my client has specifically want the domain name to be www.dongbangshinki.co.uk as Dong Bang Shin Ki is what my client's chosen band is called. Using my client's chosen domain name, I have searched for its availability on the two domain buying websites I have researched.

I have researched into Low Cost Names website and Telvio website; both of these websites provide not only a domain name service but also a web hosting service. After comparing the two websites, my client has decided to go with the Telvio Company, this is because she has stated that the cost of the domain name and web hosting is cheaper compared to Low Cost Names, also Telvio has more features available for domain names as well as has many different types of plans available for web hosting. However as my client wanted a cheaper domain name and web hosting package, I have researched further into this where I have shown her the different web hosting plans that she can have from different websites, i.e. I have shown her that there is a free web hosting service on FreeWebs.com. However, she has stated that she doesn't like the domain name they provide as it will have to be www.freewebs.com/dongbangshinki, also the fact that the monthly bandwidth and web space is very small.

After researching a number of web hosting packages including domain, I have found an ideal one for my client, which is the one from Tripod Lycos, as it provides the largest monthly bandwidth and web space, it is also the cheapest out of all the other packages I have researched, where it has more features provided.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home